Introduction to the Graduate Research Guide
This guide was designed with the VCSU Graduate Student in mind. Use this guide to learn more about the resources available to you through the Library, as well as to help you navigate the Action Research paper associated with the M Ed. Degree. This guide is broken down into sections to help you better optimize your planning and research time. The major sections are as follows:
- Library Service Overiew: A Graduate Students' Introduction to Allen Memorial Library
- Types of Sources: The Different Resources Appropriate for Good Research
- Recommended Subscription Databases: Paid subscriptions to Academic Literature--Free to you!
- Dissertations and Theses: Online Access to Graduate-Level Research.
- Educational Tests & Measures: Tips for finding surveys and methods used in education research.
- Searching the Web: A General How-To Guide for Searching the Internet
- Free Internet Resources: Scholarly Sources Freely Available on the Web
- Statistics & Standards: Government and research statistics; Educational Standards by state.
- The APA Style: The required citation style for VCSU's School of Education and Graduate Studies