Filament colors available at VCSU Library.
What is 3D Printing?
Note: this procedure may change in the future.
*STL - stereolithography
1. The library's 3D printer may only be used for lawful purposes. No one is permitted to create material that is:
2. The library’s 3D printer is not to be used for personal financial gain.
3. The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print/scan request.
4. The library cannot guarantee model quality or stability, nor confidentiality of designs.
5. Items must be picked up by the individual who submitted them, using valid VCSU Library ID. Items not picked up within 14 days after being printed become the property of the VCSU Library.
6. Only designated library employees will have hands-on access to the 3D printer. VCSU students, faculty and staff wishing to gain experience using 3D printers should contact the library via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the 3D Printing Request form.
7. The 3D printing queue is prioritized based on factors such as academic priority, class due dates, reprints, and other issues as they arise. We reserve the right to alter queue order based on these factors.
8. Cost: 3D printing at the Library is currently free. It is anticipated that a fee will be charged in the future to cover the printing costs.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order/scanning services if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright or other intellectual property laws.
I acknowledge, represent, and warrant as follows: